Sharp promotes sound business activities with our business creed of "Sincerity and Creativity," makes efforts to fulfill the company's corporate social responsibility (CSR) as a member of communities carrying out business activities, and executes CSR based on "The Sharp Group Charter of Corporate Behavior,"*1 which are principles of corporate action that serve to help Sharp become a global company contributing to the realization of a sustainable society, and on the "Sharp Code of Conduct,"*1 which is the standard of action for all executives and employees.
It is necessary for all related suppliers, as well as the Sharp Group, in other words the entire supply-chain, to work on the promotion of our CSR efforts, not only in material procurement but also in the entire series of business processes of development, production, sales and service.
Sharp believes that the understanding and cooperation of suppliers is essential for promoting our CSR efforts in the entire supply-chain. We, therefore, have established the Sharp Basic Purchasing Principles, and also the Sharp Supply-Chain CSR Deployment Guidebook, which is in conformity with the RBA Code of Conduct published by the Responsible Business Alliance(RBA*2). We sincerely request our suppliers to make their own CSR efforts, according to the principles and guidebook.
SHARP Supply-Chain CSR Deployment Guidebook (Rev.3.0)*3
The Sharp Supply-Chain CSR Deployment Guidebook outlines items in the following areas that we would like suppliers to consider in their CSR efforts.
- *3 The contents of the guidebook were revised, according to the update of the RBA Code of Conduct, in May 2018. For more information about revisions, click here).
- Freely Chosen Employment
- Young Workers
- Working Hours
- Wages and Benefits
- Humane Treatment
- Freedom of Association
B. HEALTH and SAFETY
- Occupational Safety
- Emergency Preparedness
- Occupational Injury and Illness
- Industrial Hygiene
- Physically Demanding Work
- Machine Safeguarding
- Sanitation, Food, and Housing
- Health and Safety Communication
- Environmental Permits and Reporting
- Pollution Prevention and Resource Reduction
- Hazardous Substances
- Solid Waste
- Air Emissions
- Materials Restrictions
- Water Management
- Energy Consumption and Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Business Integrity
- No Improper Advantage
- Disclosure of Information
- Intellectual Property
- Fair Business, Advertising and Competition
- Protection of Identity and Non-Retaliation
- Responsible Sourcing of Minerals
E. MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Company Commitment
- Management Accountability and Responsibility
- Legal and Customer Requirements
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Improvement Objectives
- Worker Feedback, Participation and Grievance
- Audits and Assessments
- Corrective Action Process
- Documentation and Records
- Supplier Responsibility
Please be informed in advance that we may request suppliers to evaluate their own engagement status for each CSR item and area described in the guidebook by answering to SAQ (Self Assessment Questionnaires).
For inquiries regarding these matters, contact the person in charge of transactions with your company or the offices listed below.
- Sharp Corporation
- 1 Takumi-cho, Sakai-ku, Sakai City, Osaka 590-8522, Japan
- Internal Control Planning Division